Monday, January 23, 2017

New Companion

 Elder Benites and me

As for transfers, I am no longer in the trio. I'm back in my old area, in my old house. I'm still in the same ward, because there are two sets of missionaries there. But I have a new companion. His name is Elder Benites, from Lima Peru. And for the biggest news...I got bumped up to Senior companion. Elder Benites is one transfer younger than me, he just finished his training and came here to be my junior companion. So suddenly I have a bit more responsibility. It's been a bit tougher, and humbling, but so far things are going well. But it's tough, with being between the two areas, some things have fallen behind, so I have to help them get a kickstart. Hopefully things will pick up more this next week.

We should be having a few more baptisms in the coming weeks. The grandparents of the mission leader are going to get married this Saturday. A pastor from Cartegena is coming, and he only requires an ID to marry people, whereas normally you need a register and all that, which can be expensive. So that's been a small miracle for us. The next Saturday the two will get baptized. He also has a cousin who wants to get baptized, but we have to wait so they can get married. With luck, it'll happen soon.

The Bautista family might take a bit longer. Their financial situation still isn't very good. They were thinking about getting married in the middle of the year or maybe in December. I can see that Jorge is still a bit more or less about the church, but hopefully if he can attend and gain a testimony, it'll be better.

Nolfis is progressing in her own time. The problem is that she works a ton, so it's hard to get in to see her. Hopefully she's started to read. But she hasn't been able to attend church the last 2 Sundays, and won't be able to for 2 Sundays more for work. It's difficult, but she's a great investigator, we just need some patience with her. Those are the investigators with the most potential right now. Which frustrates me, I want more, but we'll see who turns up these next few weeks.

On Wednesday we get to go to Santa Marta again. Which means waking up at 2 in the morning to get on a freezing bus for 4 hours. Yay....

But everything's been pretty good. My new companion and I get along really well, we have no problems. That's about all the news for this week, I hope everyone's doing well.

I love you all, I hope you have a great week. I'm loving my time here, even if I'm constantly dying of heat and I walk a ton. I love being out here, and I'm learning a ton. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment