Monday, February 13, 2017

"Hear the Word"

Wow, 3 times starting this same email. This mouse does a weird double click thing, even though I only click once. So it's already deleted 2 emails. Luckily I wasn't much farther than this at that point.

Wow, Satan just can't let me have a great week. I was feeling pretty good about this week. We found  a bunch of new people, we had some pretty great lessons, we had a bunch of people who committed to come to church. And then yesterday, one person showed up. I guess not just one person. We are teaching a part-member family. The D. family. It's 2 parents and 3 sons, the second son is 9 years old and isn't baptized, the parents and the oldest are less actives due to some comment that they took offense at. We've been working with them consistently for about 3 weeks now, and they finally showed up to church! They only stayed for Sacrament meeting, but little by little I guess. They want him to be baptized, and he wants to. We had to explain to them that he won't be able to get baptized unless his family reactivates. We actually had a very funny experience with them in our first lesson. I can't remember if I've told it before, I don't think so. If I have, oh well. We taught them the Restoration, and the sister started to cry because she felt the spirit. Yet despite that, when we invited them to attend church, they said no. It was rather frustrating. But to close, we invited the 9 year old to say the closing prayer. As he prayed, he started saying things like:  please help me to go to church, because I want to go, please help my family to go to church so we can have these blessings, etc. I literally almost died laughing in the middle of the prayer, it was bad. I was just laughing silently because not 1 minute earlier the parents had said that they didn't want to go to church.

Other than that, my week was pretty normal. Lots of work, lots of heat, lots of people who want to "hear the word" and nothing else. We also had a fun run-in with a Seventh Day Adventist who knew the Bible really well. That was pretty interesting. He even gave us a paper "proving" to us that the Sabbath Day is Saturday, not Sunday. We found some great new people who said that they can't attend church this Sunday, but they can the next. We'll see how that goes. I can't believe that this transfer is already almost done! In 2 weeks we have transfers again, the most likely is that I'll leave from here. I see two probable options: I'll leave Garupal, or I'll stay and be training someone. I don't know, we'll see how it goes.

But I think that's all the news from my week. I hope you all have a great week, I hope you enjoy whatever it is you're doing. Remember to keep a smile on your face, even when it's hard. Especially when it's hard. Just keep working, things will always turn out better. Even if you feel like you're not good enough, like you're not worthy, that you don't deserve the Lord's help, He is there. He will make up the difference if you trust Him and let Him. I love you all, you're in my prayers.

PS I may have forgotten the cable to my camera, which means I can't send pictures. Sorry...

No comments:

Post a Comment