Monday, January 30, 2017

A Quick Week!




This week has passed incredibly quickly. We had a couple of rough days with only 1 or 2 lessons, but I guess that happens every now and then. We have some people progressing, others no, but that's how the mission is.

Yes, the grandparents got married this Saturday. I'm attaching pictures at the end. They passed their baptismal interview this Sunday, and they're for sure going to be baptized this next Saturday. I'm very happy for them, even though I wasn't a very big part of teaching them. But it's also been stressful, because they were late to church this Sunday. I almost had a heart attack when they were late, but luckily they walked in just after the sacrament.

It's also stressful because I don't know for sure who's going to get baptized next. President Gallego wants us to baptize 4 people every month, which would be about 1 every week. It's stressful, because even if that's just the level of excellence, I still want to be able to achieve it. The problem is that everyone here is willing to listen to "the word" as they say it, but almost no one is willing to commit to come to church and stuff like that. So we often lose time with people that don't actually want to change. It can be a little frustrating, but that's how it is.

I still get to teach the B. Family and also N., but it's been difficult this week. I'm getting a little worried. N. has been super busy; we haven't been able to talk to her all week. And the B. Family canceled two appointments two days in a row. It makes me a bit worried, but hopefully it was just a rougher week. I'm learning and adapting every day to be a better senior companion. The first week was really stressful as I was still learning and growing into the position. But luckily as President Monson says, the Lord qualifies who he calls. I know that I'm extremely weak, and maybe I'm not doing the best that I could be doing. But I'm trying. I can only hope that he realizes the effort and makes the most out of me. 

But yeah, that's been my week. It's getting gradually hotter and hotter, I'm suffering a little bit (or maybe a lot) because of it, but I'm living. The members are taking good care of me, and so are my leaders. I love you all, I hope you have a great week, and that you can do something kind for someone. That's the best way to develop Christlike love.

I hope that Grandma's surgery goes well and that she can recover quickly. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment