Monday, March 13, 2017

A little rain....

These are some people that we are working with right now. This morning we did service with them.
Those holes and that pile of dirt? That was us.

An interesting week. Sorry if my spelling is pretty terrible this week, this keyboard doesn't want to cooperate. I can't really say that my week was too interesting, just some interesting things happened near the end.

We are only going to have one baptism this weekend. Her name is N., her parents were less active, and now she's 9, so she passes to us. E. still just needs to make the decision of when to get baptized. She was finally able to get in contact with her boyfriend. He basically told her that he doesn't want to marry her. But she wants to call him again to be able to explain why she wants to do it, and if he still doesn't, to tell him that he can't come back and expect to live with her. So that, and the fact that we aren't completely sure that her two sons know everything they need to know means that we will be pushing those three back at least another week. We'll hope that this all works out.

Tomorrow ought to be an interesting day: we have a zone conference, and then interviews with President. So that'll be interesting. Then we'll have to go home and do weekly planning. All day sitting down...

Oh yeah, yesterday we had a huge rainstorm.  And knowing that it would rain, I brought my umbrella. What I didn't count on was the literal river that the street would become. So my brown shoes ended up getting completely soaked. Along with the bottom part of my pants. And my socks. So that was an interesting day. We've learned by now that any time there's an extreme in the weather (wind, rain, etc), power goes out. So we spent the whole night in candlelight. And we walked to dinner in our flip flops so we didn't have to put on our shoes. But what I've learned here is that although the rain is refreshing, the days after are literally an infierno. All the humidity comes, and it is ridiculously hot.

But yeah, that was basically my week. Maybe not the best numbers, but still working hard. I'm glad to be out here. I love you all, I hope you have a great week, and remember that you're all in my prayers. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment