Monday, March 20, 2017

An Interesting Week

N.'s baptism


As you can read from this title, this week was interesting. We had a zone conference and interviews on Tuesday. It made for a long, interesting day. We went to the chapel at 8 am, and left a little after 8 pm. But it was pretty great, we learned quite a lot. It's always good to hear from President and the Assistants. They did it a little bit differently this time. We did the interviews in the companionships. So I can't say that I could talk about maybe some of the more personal things that I would like to talk about, but it still went really well. We learned a lot about redoubling our efforts. We are doing a whole lot better than the past year, but there's still room for more growth.

One thing that was interesting in these interviews is that President Gallego emphasized the necessity of a study and personal journal. I've learned a lot now about the need for that. I'll be the first to admit that before the mission I was terrible at writing in my journal. At the mission I've improved a lot. And even though I need to do better at reviewing it to see how I've progressed, it's helped me a lot. I'd advise everyone to keep a personal journal, as well as a study journal. When we write down the impressions and the experiences that we've had, we are opening ourselves up to receive more.

Today for P-day we went to a small town called Menaure, and I felt the most beautiful thing. We went up a really high mountain, and when the sun was covered, it felt cool. It felt like a nice cool day in the end of April or beginning of May. It was incredible. I never thought that I'd miss something like that, but you'd be surprised. When you literally spend every day sweating through your shirt after walking for 10 minutes, you really start to miss the cold.

But back to the point. Yes, N. got baptized this week, and her dad came to the baptism! The first time he's come into the chapel in quite a while. But I was disappointed when he didn't come to the confirmation. But I guess little by little we'll go. Speaking of the confirmation, it was an interesting experience. I was sitting on the stand, because I was going to give a talk, and the bishop called me over to help in the confirmacion. I walked over there, then he told me to do it. So basically I confirmed my first person by surprise this week. So that was pretty fun.

But yeah, that was my week. I love you all, have a great week. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment