Monday, October 10, 2016

Help the Missionaries!

Our zone
  
 More p-day pictures
 
 
 
To answer uestions first (sorry, the first letter of uestions isn't working). We don't have anyone progressing yet. There are 2 that are really close to progressing, they assisted for the first time yesterday, but also their baptismal date fell through because of a stake conference. So we need to meet with them and get that sorted out. But we also found some really great people that we have high hopes for, one of which is named W_____. Church is great, I'm starting to understand more. This week, the teacher for Principles of the Gospel was sick, so the Branch President asked us to cover for her, about 5 minutes before the class. That was a bit of an adventure, especially since more than half the class was investigators and we were talking about eternal families. But it was pretty great, I hope they felt the Spirit. Oh yeah, there's also a lady named B_____ who's super great. It can be hard to find people, but we are making some changes in our approach, and so far it seems to be working well. We teach people every hour, but sometimes I don't feel like I'm much of a help to my companion, which I'm trying to improve.
 
As for the area, it's awesome. I'm adjusting to the heat, slowly, and yes there are many, many, many mosuitos. But all is well. And when we were told that Colombians juice everything, they literally meant everything. Most of the time, I don't know what in the world I'm drinking, but it all tastes super good. I've had mora, which is something similar to a rasberry, guanabana, agua de panela which is really good, and even corn juice, which was surprisingly tasty. They also have lulu, which I have no idea what that is, but I've heard that it's super good. And the food is all really good, I haven't had a single problem yet. I like almost everything I'm given to eat, and even what I don't like, I can eat anyway. And the bread is incredible, my companion told me that Colombia is famous for its bread. It's really really good. Sorry dad!
 
I'm starting to be able to understand people better, but still not as much as I want to, which sometimes frustrates me a bit, but it is what it is.
 
I almost forgot. Im officially challenging all of my friends and family to get more involved in the mssinoary work. Its so hard without much help from the members, please please please help them!
 
That trip to Utah sounds like so much fun, I'm a little jealous, but I had my own little adventure today too. We played volleyball as a zone, and after that Elder Troche and I asked permission to go to a mall, because we both wanted some new bags. My bag is great, but it's really nice and it's starting to wear a bit, and it's really big and unwieldy, so I bought a smaller one. We ate pizza and ice cream for lunch, which was incredible. The pizza isn't uite the same, but hey, it's pizza. And we had McFlurry wth M&Ms and areuipe, which was pretty fantastic.
 
I hope that you're all doing well and that everyone has a great week. I love you all, and thank you for your prayers for me. Congratulations to the Spauldings for their new baby girl, she's absolutely adorable. I can't wait to meet her. Have a great week!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment